Facts and stats
Did you know...
- In the last year, our Apps have been downloaded 1.8 million times.
- Over the last year, our passengers used twice as much data while connected to our free Wi-Fi than the Hubble telescope.
- Over the last year our website received approximately 80,000 user sessions and 281 thousand page views per day.
- In the last year, over 15m emails sent (more than the population of Belgium!)
- Each day our buses cover 650,000 miles – that’s enough to get you around the world 26 times!.
- Every day over 37,500 Mtickets are sold.
- If you took all our passengers in one day you could fill Wembley stadium 12 and a half times.
- 78% of our buses now accept contactless payments – including Apple and Android pay!
- First Bus employs around 17,500 staff with some 13,450 drivers.
- In just six years we've invested £455 million in some 2,500 new vehicles.
- All new buses are fitted with free wifi for customers, leather seats and extra space for wheelchairs and buggies.
- We’ve introduced m-Ticketing across our operations enabling customers to use their mobile phones as bus tickets.